There is a new WordPress security release just out. This new release contains six security fixes and 39 maintenance fixes. The following security vulnerabilities are now fixed in the 4.7.3 version and should be automatically downloaded and installed:
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via media file metadata. Reported by Chris Andrè Dale, Yorick Koster, and Simon P. Briggs.
- Control characters can trick redirect URL validation. Reported by Daniel Chatfield.
- Unintended files can be deleted by administrators using the plugin deletion functionality. Reported by xuliang.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via video URL in YouTube embeds. Reported by Daniel Cid.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) via taxonomy term names. Reported by Delta.
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) in Press This leading to excessive use of server resources. Reported by Sipke Mellema.
For more information read the official WordPress blog.